WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Projects
- Scilab-Julia Interface
- Scilab Video Player
- Scilab server
- Xcos on Web
- Remote Triggered Virtual Lab
- FOSSEE Toolbox Project
- Front end development for FOSSEE websites
- Common Drupal based theme for FOSSEE Websites
- Develop GUI for OpenModelica using Python
- SBHS Virtual lab server and website
- Image Processing for Healthcare Research
- To Create Dynamic Syllabus Matrix for Virtual Labs Community portal
- Mapping Analytics from Virtual lab to edX
- Continuous integration for Virtual Labs
- Establishing P2P communication on edX mobile client
- Revive pythonFlu package for OpenFOAM
- Website development for Spoken Tutorial project
- Smart Mouse
- IIT-B App
- Tum Tum Tracker
- Learn To Flap
- Panorama in Cam-Scanner
- LendIt- A sharing platform
- Interactive textbook for Probability & Statistics
- Game-playing AI agents
- Competitive Programming
- Functional Programming
- Poisson Solver with Image Editing
- Blind Source Separation
OpenModelica is a free and open source environment based on the Modelica modelling language for modelling, simulating, optimising and analysing complex dynamic systems. Its development is supported by Open Source Modelica Consortium. It runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X. Please visit https://www.openmodelica.org/ for more details about OpenModelica.
We are looking for a python developer with experience in GUI development. You will be working on a project that involves developing a GUI, for a chemical process simulator, in python using kivy. The work includes designing, developing and testing various GUI functionalities like menubars, taskbars, drag and drop, popups etc. This GUI will then be interfaced with OpenModelica, which will serve as a simulation engine for the GUI. The interface will be majorly based on making system calls from python using the package os. Therefore, part of the work will be dedicated to the development of the above mentioned interface.
- Good python programming skills.
- Familiar with GUI concepts.
- Experience in Tkinter or PyQt is preferred.
- Good understanding of OOPs.