Our community has made a number of blogs with excellent tutorials, hacks and guidelines. This article is a comprehensive list of tutorials arranged topicwise. All slides have been prepended with a [Slides] tag. Many of these slides were used in events documented under Event Resources. All video tutorials with a [Videos] tag.
- [Slides] Linux Introduction - Kalpesh Krishna - The slides for our Linux introduction session for Summer 2015, Spring 2016, and CS101 in Autumn 2016.
- Easy Dual Booting - Ranveer Aggarwal
- Did I Execute? - Akash Trehan
- Importance of Quotes in Terminal - Akash Trehan
- Knowing you Binary! - Akash Trehan
- Playing with Aliases - Nihal Singh
- WnCC Wiki Launched! - Kalpesh Krishna - The story behind the first month of this wiki, and a brief overview.
- Zero to Established - StackOverflow - Kalpesh Krishna - A beginner's journey to reaching a 1000 points in StackOverflow.
- Shallow and Deep Copying - Arpan Banerjee - A guide to the two different methods of copying variables.
Scientific Computation / Writing
- [Videos] MATLAB Workshop - Chinmay Rajhans - Two videos describing the basics of MATLAB and scientific computation using MATLAB. This workshop has been conducted in IIT Bombay in Autumn 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- [Videos] LaTeX Workshop - Chinmay Rajhans - Two videos teaching you basics of LaTeX and getting you started into professional document making. This workshop has been conducted in IIT Bombay in Autumn 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Jekyll 101 - Ranveer Aggarwal
- Auto-deploy on server - Nihal Singh
- Web Audio - Arpan Banerjee - A blog about the Web Audio API and Band.js, a library built on it.
- [Slides] FOSS Intro - Ranveer Aggarwal, Kalpesh Krishna - The slides of our FOSS / GSoC session for Autumn 2015 and Autumn 2016.
- [Slides] Git / Github - Kalpesh Krishna, Sumith Kulal - The slides of our Git / Github session for Summer 2015, Spring 2016, Summer 2016.
- How to Select a GSoC Organization? - Meet Udeshi - A dilemma faced by several students in IIT Bombay. This blog explains the basic approach Meet followed and his suggestions while making the crucial decision of selecting one's GSoC organization.
- GSoC Pre-Selection: Do's and Don'ts - Ranveer Aggarwal - What do mentors see in a participant while selecting them for GSoC? What skills should a participant posses and how is the selection done?
- Terasology Getting Started - Nihal Singh - A beginners guide to contribution in Terasology, also an open source project.
- Starting Bug Squashing in Mozilla - Manish Goregaokar - A beginner's guide (slightly outdated, but much of it still holds) to contribution in Mozilla, an open source organization.
- Basic Python Commands - Arpan Banerjee - Details some of the most basic and used Python commands.
- Python Splicing - Kumar Ayush - An interesing discussion on the intuition behind splicing in python.
- Android Blog - Bijoy S Kochar - A very good tutorial which covers up the basics and also provides custom libraries for basic functions like internet access, file i/o and JSON parsing.
- Useful Books and Implementations - Dhruv Ilesh Shah - Contains a list of open sourced books on machine learning, statistics, data mining etc. You can also find some useful implementations of algorithms on Python/R.
- Understanding MNIST TensorFlow Tutorial -Kalpesh Krishna - A short StackOverflow question-answer pair that explains a crucial part of TensorFlow's MNIST tutorial.
- Frustratingly Short Attention Spans - Kalpesh Krishna - Key ideas of this paper summarised.
- AVR Programming - Krish Mehta, Pranav Sankhe, Sanket Agrawal - Learn the concepts of AVR Programming through this tutorial.
- Arduino Programming - Krish Mehta - Learn Arduino right from the basics through this tutorial.
- Raspberry Pi - Arunabh Ghosh, Meet Udeshi, Darshan Tank - Get started with using Raspberry Pi though this tutorial.