Many times you unnecessarily spend a lot of time trying to install a new software or configuring an existing one. Often, things are pretty simple and straight forward. However, a little lack of knowledge makes them look impossible to install.
For Debian based software, it's a good idea to look for tutorials on AskUbuntu. This page is help guide for the following software:
- Windows - Go to www.scilab.org, download the exe and run it as admin.
- Linux - For Debian based Linux, run the command in terminal -
sudo apt-get install scilab.
- Mac - Download the dmg file and run it as admin.
Alternate software available - MATLAB, Octave
- Windows - Download dcpp setup file from http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ and run the setup.
- Linux - For Debian based Linux, run this command in terminal -
sudo apt-get install linuxdcpp.
Alternate software available - Strong DC++, Eiskalt DC++ etc.
- For non-IITB users - MathWorks installation guide
- For IITB users - FTP link. The link also has the installation guides.