Software Library Guides
This is an exhaustive list of all the software library guides we have on our wiki. Please suggest additions! For general software development guidelines and workflows, have a look at Software Development.
For software installation guides, look at Software Installation.
Note - A lot of Linux commands have been described in Basic Terminal Commands.
- Dual Booting - Before you get into any cool Linux action.
- Regex - This is the 're' in 'grep', meaning regular expressions. All searches in grep, sed, awk are based on regex. Take it as a life advice from the creators of this wiki, learn it as soon as possible in your IT career.
- Git - Git is a version control system (VCS) that is used for software development and other version control tasks. As a distributed revision control system it is aimed at speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows.
- grep - An inbuilt tool, global regular expression print allows you to search file streams. With a simple description, it is an extremely useful program and the brilliance of the application depends on your imagination. Read Drew's grep tutorial and Bruce's.
- sed - stream editor, just as grep can search file streams, sed can edit them. Read Bruce's sed tutorial.
- awk - This is grep and sed's brother for situations where many UNIX utilities generate rows and columns of information. See Bruce's tutorial.
For more Unix tutorials, simply visit Bruce's page.
- ROS (Robot Operating System), C++, Python
- CNC Programming - Automate machine tools to carve your own objects
- Spreadsheet Programming, MS Excel - SciComp with a spreadsheet?! This is something new, and we are so excited about it.
- High Performance and Distributed Computing - This guide includes a general introduction along with details on CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP and MPI.
- Numpy, Python - NumPy is the fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
- MATLAB, MATLAB - MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language. A proprietary programming language developed by MathWorks, MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, Fortran and Python.
- TensorFlow, Python - TensorFlow is an open source software library for numerical computation using data flow graphs. It's built by the Google Brain team.
- Torch, Lua
- Django, Python
- Developing Android Applications, Java - We all know about Android. Ever wondered how all those apps are made? I bet you would be having some ideas you would love to see apps for. Why not make them yourself?
- Web Scraping, Python - If you are tired of checking your examination results' web-page every five minutes, why not write a script to do it for you?
- Visual Studio