WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
Building your resume with the template of your choice just made easier!
No. of mentees: 5-6
Pre-requisites(soft): Basic Knowledge of Python and HTML/CSS.
Pre-requisites(hard): Enthusiasm to learn
Description: This project will make use of Django to generate a dynamic form website, which will collect all details required for making a resume like Scholastic Achievements, Key Projects, PORs etc. This will involve dealing with dynamic forms which can include headings, multiple sub-headings and sub-sub-headings. For, handling this, we will use Django Framework and other Python libraries. This form will, at the end, generate a LaTEX script which can be used to generate Resume. Will use Bootstrap for front-end design. Here, we will deal with all standard resume formats used at IITB(2-3 types of 2-page resume and 2-3 types of 1-page resume) to give user a choice of format
This project can serve institute and can help reduce time required to make a resume. So, it has a high scope.
If you are newbie to python, don’t be scared. Just go through this resource once, hardly it takes 1-2 hr to understand basics of python. If facing any problem, you are welcome to reach out to us.
In proposal, you must include your motivation, how will you contribute/what new you can add and why should we take you. For those who do not satisfy (Soft) prerequisite, please do also include how are you gonna cover it up(just give a brief plan, we will provide you help and resources).
At the end of this, you will have hands-on-experience on one of the most used Python-Web framework, Django along with HTML, CSS, bootstrap. Also, you will learn about LaTEX, which will definetely help you in making your assignments as well as resume. Timeline will use three weeks of starting SOC period and three weeks of summer vacations.
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 0||Brush up Python|
|Week 1||Introduction to Django|
|Week 2||Introduction to LaTEX|
|Week 3||Form rendering|
|Week 4||Writing Backend Logic for Form and including LaTEX Structure|
|Week 5||Front-end Design and other logistics|