WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
uilding an app that gives the status or track of books that someone has already issued
No. of mentees: 4
Prerequisite : Basic knowledge of website and app development, must be familiar with one or more coding languages. Should be familiar with the terms like frontend and backend. Knowledge of any of the tools mentioned below will be given priority. All you need is a lot of dedication and enthusiasm, need to be calm and patient while your code gives an error, and have a learning attitude.
Description: We will be building an app that gives the status or track of books that someone has already issued; this is to help those who are looking for that particular book, this help in the manner that he/she can approach the person directly for temporary help or either wait for the person to return that book to the library so that he/she can issue that book immediately. This will help the required person immediately as well as make the book of it’s best use. This idea can indeed be extended to many things and ease the book issuing system in the library.
Procedure: If a person issues a book, he/she will update or add to the app and mention the book’s name; by filtering this book, anyone (with the app installed and registered/authenticated) can know about the book. The idea is to resolve real-life problems.
Resources can find the link : < https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X18AAu01-kwY4c62lV7HUnKA6qsXp56TDkSWJjQ3fGY/edit?usp=sharing >
Proposal expectation: The proposal must not exceed 150 words. Your motivation. Why this project? Your expectation from this project. Describe your previous experience related to the tool mention(if not experienced, describe your coding skills).
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number | Tasks to be Completed| |— | — | |Week 1 | It is expected from all the mentees to go through all the resources provided and learn the basics of all the tools that are required for the project. Setting up firebase authentication»flutter»Api. Structure for app backend should be completed. Authentication system must be completed(backend + app screen), Testing should also be completed. | |Week 2 | All api(6 or 7) should be finished.(2-3 mentees). All different screens should also get finished.(2-3 mentees)| |Week 3 | API Integration. Bug solving| |Week 4 | Final testing. Deployment|