WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
We propose a Harvey-your own lawyer as a browser extension that will read the document for you and summarize the important points in simple language that actually matter to you and which you might want to consider before signing up.
No. of mentees: 6
How often do you read the terms and conditions before actually signing up for something, installing a software or entering a website? According to a study XX% of internet users don’t. The reason behind that shouldn’t be very hard to find. The Terms and conditions are usually many pages long filled with legal jargon and complex sentences. But can’t we now, with the advancement of technology, find a solution to fix this problem which started 20 years back with the internet in the early 2000s? we propose a Harvey-your own lawyer as a browser extension that will read the document for you and summarize the important points in simple language that actually matter to you and which you might want to consider before signing up.
We’re looking for team members who have some experience with programming. You will have to learn how to collect data, clean it and train ML models on it. If you have any such relevant experience, do mention it in your proposal. Brownie points is you’re interested in law, contracts or policy making.
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1-2||Basics of machine learning and webscraping|
|Week 3-4||Data collection and browser extension|
|Week 5||Data preprocessing|
|Week 6||Traning the model|
|Week 7||Finetuning the model|
|2||Data and browser extension|