WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
We shall build an app that’s smart enough like an assistant to help me know how I spend my time and then help me manage my time.
No. of mentees: 4
What’s the screen time of your mobile phone? Have you used an app more than you wanted to? Have you faced trouble developing a positive habit using an app? Do you feel addicted to social media and find it difficult to ‘live in the moment’? If any of these questions mean something to you and you’re interested in android development, this project should be worth your attention.
I wish to see an app that’s smart enough like an assistant to help me know how I spend my time and then help me manage my time. Basic (and buggy) prototype of this project is available. Mentees will be first asked to get familiarized with the present code and then begin implementing other features.
These links are from the ideation phase: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OLidOb9bIo9bhA25xASy0nSClswLPe32/view?usp=sharing
Ideal mentees should have basic ideas about android development and should have made a couple of apps. Kindly share these apps while applying. If you have not done android dev before, you should still apply as long as you’re ready to put in the required efforts.
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Basics of Android (Tutorials)|
|Week 1||Basics of Android (Hands-on)|
|Week 3||Code deubbging|
|Week 4||Release of Proof of concept (Version 1)|
|Week 5||Implementing feature #1 (User insights)|
|Week 6||Implementing feature #2 (TBD)|
|Week 7||Implementing feature #3 (TBD)|
|Week 8||Release of Protoype (Version 2)|
|2||Proof of concept|