WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
This project aims at making tabulation easy and accurate in tournamnets.
Problem Statement : Tabbing app is an initiative to create a platform for easier and accurate tabulation of scores and teams for national and international debate tournaments. It would majorly involve creating match ups for teams based on their performance and allocating them rooms and judges for all rounds of the tournament and update their scores accordingly to announce winners. The broad aim is to reduce human errors and the time taken to manually take care of scores by directly providing a link to participants and judges for the updation of scores without the involvement of organizers.
The technical aspects:
The API Backend of the app, which is a RESTful API in Django. This project enforces very strict coding standards and testing routines, so you will essentially learn not only Python and Django, but software development as a whole.
You will also learn a lot about relational databases and their real time applications.
If time permits, we can also make an android app for the same.
If you are not already familiar with these, you will also learn what REST is, how APIs function, writing tests and ensuring code coverage, what are the security issues and how they are fixed, authorization and authentication in a highly complex permissions model and working with relational databases.
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Learning Django(REST API) and HTML. An overview of python|
|Week 2||Login page and navigation tab(Dashboard, Participants, Standing, Settings, Motions, Rounds, Breaks, Break Rounds).|
|Week 3||Completing the HTML part of the pages(i.e. the headings,etc) and Basic elements of the dashboard page.|
|Week 4||Storing database of participants, institutions, adjudicators and venues by uploading excel sheets.|
|Week 5||The basic pages- Participants, Standings, Motions.|
|Week 6||Match-ups of the teams and setting up the rounds.|
|Week 7||Creating Django forms for direct score updation.|
|Week 8||Setting up breaks according to the scores.|