WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
Spreading ‘rumours’ on devices connected to the same Wi-Fi via an app
This is a completely new project with no past work. The project will take the form of an app (android/ios).
Rumour can be an image, pdf or simply text. Users can choose to create rumours anonymously and then “spread” them anonymously. The interesting point is that rumours are spread over a wifi as a broadcast. All the users connected to the same wifi get the rumour on the phone. These rumours would be shown as a deck in a tinder like fashion. They can then choose to “spread” or “not spread” the rumour (in future when connected to another wifi) by swiping right or left. (Don’t know what the analogous gesture of superlike would mean here! xD) Because of spatial locality, the rumours are guaranteed to be interesting. This is basically like gossip but anonymous. Imagine when you are coming from wing to lecture hall, you carry along all the interesting stuff of hostels to be spread in the lecture hall.
Other non interesting but commercial uses include-
- sharing meaningful content and
- powerful advertisement space.
Prerequisites : Knowledge of app development highly recommended but not mandatory.