WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
This internship involves front-end development for various FOSSEE websites.
- Wireframe/layout a website or web application.
- Design and implement user-facing features considering rendering time and reusability of UI components.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high powered desktop computers to small footprint mobile devices.
- Write client-side code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to- use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Create and edit PNG and JPEG images and/or take a PSD and turn it into a working website.
- Write HTML and CSS from scratch.
- Knowledge of Django/Python/PHP is required.
Improve three Django based websites
- Learnt the basics of Django
- Learnt CSS for styling
- Learnt Bootstrap
- Setup development environment
- Fetched multiple data sets for the website
- Website was very slow to load as data was fetched using search methods( defining models for each category and book).
- Fixed some minor errors like missing images, padding issues etc.
- Learnt git
- Learnt Ajax for fetching data faster on the website (Vidhan: Although I didn’t learn ajax in week0, but I guess it would’ve taken much lesser time to fetch data dynamically if I did.)
- Removed all previously defined models for searching in database, fetched all data with ajax( much faster, no lag issues.).
- Setup a textbox, to load example-code and execute it.
- Currently fixing navbar errors - Chapters and Books don’t load in same panel.
- Defined some jQuery functions to add div dynamically to rendered html.
- Loaded codes from example directory into textbox.
- Minor navbar issues still there. Started working on 2nd task while side by side debugging navbar issues of 1st task.
- Fetching results of loaded example by sending data to scilab app and then loading compiled code from app into result textbox.