WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
Rubik’s cube is one of the most fascinating 3-D combination puzzles we encounter. It is simple to understand the game, given a permutation we need to reduce the cube to a single goal state by rotating it. In this project, we will accomplish solving this cube with as minimum rotations as possible using the ideas of reinforcement learning.
There will be three modules that need to be completed.
- Given the details about the faces of the cube, solve the puzzle in the back-end.
- Given an image, extract the details about the faces of the cube using various image processing and possibly ML techniques
- Develop an user interface for the above solution.
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Learn python and python-on-android, play with Rubik’s cubes to get a clear grasp about the problem. Try pycuber, a python package for dealing with Rubik’s cubes, which helps in creating graphical user interface.|
|Week 2||Go through the available literature on the problem. Understand basic algorithms and concepts of Reinforcement learning pertaining to the problem.|
|Week 3||Try out various Q-learning, Deep Q-learning examples and MCTS.|
|Week 4||Implement Deep Q-learning and MCTS for our problem.|
|Week 5||Measure performance against benchmark and hyper-parameter tuning.|
|Week 6||Buffer week to finish up with documentation|
|Week 7||Given an image taken from a good viewpoint, extract the details.|
|Week 8||Create a graphical user interface to upload the images of the cubes and return with an animation of the solution.|
|Week 9||Buffer week to finish up with presentation and documentation|