WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
The aim of this project is to train students who aim to do well at ICPC regionals. We will be covering a wide variety of content in Competitive Programming, and we will be asking you to participate in certain competitions in which we will discuss individual performances to understand where you need to improve to take yourself to the next level.
We are planning to take a small batch size, so that the content is tailored individually according to your strengths and weaknesses. At the end, we expect a short report of around 3-4 pages detailing what we went through in the entire program. The time requirement for this program will be somewhat high, since ICPC regionals are in May and the goal of this program is to prepare you for that. Bare minimum requirement: Have been 1600+ rating on codeforces before the beginning of the program.
To apply for this project, fill this form - https://forms.gle/Rm61n5jLmNsw6Y7J9 . Also fill the mentee form shared by WnCC.
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1||Discussion on strong and weak topics, what needs to be done for ICPC, setting of individual timelines and projects for each of the mentees.|
|Week 2-5||Discussion of topics that we are working on, discussion of performances on weekly training contests, understanding further roadblocks.|
|Week 6||Completing a 3-page report on what topics were covered and what you learnt about your areas in need of improvement from the program.|
|1||Solving ~20 problems on assigned topics from the instructor. Maintaining a notebook of topics that need to be worked on.|
|2-4||Solving 35, 50, 70 problems on assigned topics. Doing at least 1 contest per week on platforms such as codeforces or atcoder.|
|5||Submission of completed work report.|
|6||(Bonus) Crossing 1900 (CM) or 2100 (Master) depending on the starting rating of the mentee. This is not a strict requirement since our goal is not rating, but if fulfilled this would be an additional bonus.|