WnCC - Seasons of Code
Seasons of Code is a programme launched by WnCC along the lines of the Google Summer of Code. It provides one with an opprtunity to learn and participate in a variety of interesting projects under the mentorship of the very best in our institute.
List of Running Projects
- Browser Based PDF manager
- Resume Script Generator
- Physicc : A Simple Physics Engine
- Image Colorization
- Language Model Based Syntax Autocompletion in a Text Editor
- Computer vision based web app
- Cribbit Cribbit (Open for PGs Only)
- Techster Texter
- Language Detection
- Book Tracker
- ResoBin - Not the bin we deserve but the bin we need!
- Agree to disagree
- Watson (World's smartest assistant in your pocket)
- Meta Learning - Learning to Learn
- Break free of the matrix, by building one!
- Procedurally Generated Infinite Open World
- Introduction to App Development
- PAC MAN
- Introduction to Web Development
- Goal ICPC
- Traffic congestion modelling and rendering
- Tools for Data Science
- Machine Learning Based Metropolitan Air Pollution Estimation
- Audio controlled drone
- NLPlay with Transformers
- DIY FaceApp
- A Deep Dive into CNNs
- Competitive Coding
- Snake AI
- Facial Recognition App
- Gaming meets AI !!!
- R(ea)L Trader
- Computational Geometry
- Deep reinforcement learning - 2048 AI
- Reinforcement Learning to Finance
- Developing Hybrid ANN-Statistical Model for Robust Stock Market Prediction
- Astronomical Data-modelling and Interpretation
- Visual Perception for Self Driving Cars
- Convolutional Neural Networks and Applications
- Quantum Computing Algorithms
- Algorithm Visualizer
- Anime Club IITB Website using Django
- Machine Learning in Browser
Traditionally, machine learning models have required huge amounts of computation power and could only be run on specialized hardware (GPU etc). Thanks to the efforts to many researchers and developers, it is now possible to run these models right in your browser.
No. of mentees: 2
AI Experiments with Google(https://experiments.withgoogle.com/collection/ai) have some impressive tools and games which run in the browser. Some examples:
- Teachable Machine (https://experiments.withgoogle.com/teachable-machine): A fun tool to train an image classifier using image captured from your webcam.
- Emoji Scavenger Hunt (https://experiments.withgoogle.com/emoji-scavenger): A game where you have to find real-world objects representing a shown emoji.
In this project, we will start by deploying pre-trained models in the browser using tensorflow.js. Depending on the interest on the mentee, we can then implement fine-tuning (adapting a pre-trained model to new images) like in Teachable Machines. Or we can develop a gallery app which groups images into different categories (like in Google Photos).
Tentative Project Timeline
|Week Number||Tasks to be Completed|
|Week 1-2||Recap of ML, Python and JS.|
|Week 3||Deploy a pretrained MobileNet model in browser. Add support for uploading images and taking images from webcam.|
|Week 4-5||Add machinery for fine-tuning the models. Or make a simple gallery webapp.|