NumPy stands for Numerical Python. And its capabilities are all you can guess from that name. It does everything you can imagine from dealing with probability distributions to fast linear algebra. Probably nothing can give you a good quick start with NumPy other than the Quickstart tutorial packaged with scipy docs.
Installing the latest version
- Go to Numpy Downloads to see the latest package downloads available.
- Download the file which reads "Source" in the type column.
- Unzip the source, read the "INSTALL.rst.txt" and follow the instructions
- Advanced Numpy Concepts - A brief introduction and set of examples on advanced numpy concepts like strides, broadcasting, advanced indexing etc.
- Large Numpy Binary Files - Something that all numpy users should know.